About me!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Post #9: Life Update!


Post #9: Life Update!

Hey y’all! This has been a very busy season of life for me; my part-time job has easily become a full-time one, (from 25 hours to 40), I’ve been getting ready for my move up to St. Augustine, and lots of family events have kept me from blogging. But don’t fret, I haven’t forgotten about y’all :) Here’s a little bit of what/s been going on in my life, with pictures!

  1. Family Stuff. 
From dealing with various family issues that have recently come up to spending time with people I never see that live out of town, family has been a huge component to this busy season of my life. 
Last weekend, I saw a part of my family that came all the way from California. I haven’t seen them in well over a year, so it was so much fun to be able to see a part of my family that I missed again.
We went fishing in the keys, off of Tavernier, and had an insanely fun time. (Fun fact about me: I love to go fishing, it’s another passion of mine.) 
Without going into too much fishing technical detail, we caught some dolphin, bonita, and almost a coda! It was tons of fun.
Modest dressing is possible, even when being active. For example, for this fishing trip I wore a Columbia dress, a Guy Harvey UV shirt underneath, and shorts underneath my dress in case my dress flew up in the wind.

2. Work
I’ve been working so much lately! My job has been extremely busy lately, with tons of customers and lots of reorganizing the store before I leave at the end of this month. I’ve been working close to 40 hours a week, which is nice because I’m making full-time salary. 

3.College and moving to St. Augustine!
Getting ready for college has been so exciting. I’ve already bought the necessary stuff for my dorm (bedding, shower caddy, trash can, etc.) which makes me a step closer to starting college! 
My bedding is ocean-themed (of course) and has blue embroidered fish and shells on it, with matching room accessories. 
Moving up to St. Augustine has been on my plate too, and boy, have I been putting in the work for it. Packing, purging, and reorganizing has been the highlight of my weekends lately. I’ve been packing room decorations, out-of-season clothes and shoes, and collectibles/books these past few weeks. I’ve also taken the liberty of purging anything unmemorable I had from high school and any apparel I don’t really need/care for anymore, so that my closet is as efficient and usable as possible.

          My new backpack for school! 

4. Fostering
These past few weeks, I've been fostering a beautiful family of kittens! Somebody left them at the shelter along with their mother when they had just been born, and the cat lover in me couldn't resist. So instead of adopting them (since I have 4 of my own, lol) I'm fostering them until they can be adopted by a loving family! They're so adorable.
They're a lot of work however, so I'm always sweeping up litter, changing linens, washing out cat bowls, and the like. 






I can’t wait for life to slow down a little bit when I move to St. Augustine, so I can get to blogging more frequently and show y’all some more outfits!
How have you been doing these past few weeks?

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Love your fishing outfit <3 and your dedication to helping God's tiniest creatures

    ReplyDelete